Selfie Sunday and an Update - 6/25/23 | Zarffoute

Selfie Sunday and an Update - 6/25/23

Whats up, and Joyful Friday! Wow, Lexy and I can not consider we’ve not had a weblog publish since February twentieth! I do not assume we have gone this lengthy with out posting since we began our weblog. We have given some updates on our lives since shifting, which you’ll be able to learn right here, right here, and right here.  I’ll let Mommy take over from right here. Go forward, Mommy. 

Thanks, Lola, and whats up to all of you! I wished to offer you a short replace to let you understand how we’re doing. Two and half weeks in the past we celebrated one yr in our new condo. Time appears to have flown and crawled on the identical time. I lastly have all of my furnishings, and all of my art work hung up. I did a ultimate declutter, and every little thing is now organized. It is a good feeling! 

Tabby cat sleeping in a window

The ladies are very joyful right here. It was a tricky transition, however they lastly settled. They love the views, the breeze off the water, the geese, boats, and every little thing else. They’ve a snug routine and luxuriate in having extra room to run round. 

tuxedo cat sitting on the kitchen counter
I nonetheless go on the counter, despite the fact that I am not allowed to.

One of the crucial difficult duties has been discovering a vet. We’re now on our third veterinary hospital since shifting, which has been troublesome as a result of each Lola and Lexy have been to the vet a number of instances. 

tabby cat sticking her tongue out

In December Lola injured her eye taking part in with a feather toy. She had an abrasion on her cornea which took a number of weeks of eye ointment, and some journeys to the vet, to heal. The vet discovered a lump on her stomach right now, however fortunately it turned out to be only a lipoma. Within the meantime, we needed to handle her excessive calcium ranges. One of many vets we noticed, who was superb however sadly left the apply, did a whole lot of analysis and really useful a change in her food plan. I at all times strategy these suggestions with trepidation as a result of the ladies might be extraordinarily choosy and the final time we did a meals change they each misplaced a whole lot of weight. We gave it a strive with a really sluggish transition. 

portrait of a tuxedo cat

The brand new meals is Hill’s Metabolic, and I am joyful to say each women are loving it. One of the best information is that Lola’s calcium ranges had been regular with the final ionized calcium blood check! The vets had been frightened about the potential of most cancers, however with these final outcomes, her prognosis is now idiopathic hypercalcemia. Her higher respiratory points are steady, and he or she nonetheless cycles all through sure instances of the yr when she’s extra sneezy and snotty than ordinary. She did have two rounds of antibiotics as a result of the stress of shifting triggered a URI, however she’s doing fabulous now. 

tuxedo cat in a cat tree looking out the window


Lexy, who has at all times been the extra steady one healthwise regardless of her kidney illness, has had some points recently. I observed she was shedding weight, and I additionally observed a change in her coat. Her pores and skin was extra dry and her coat at all times regarded unkempt, irrespective of how a lot I attempted to brush her. At her six month checkup, the excellent news was that her kidney ranges had been pretty steady, however her white blood cell depend was extraordinarily excessive. Our new vet determined to strive antibiotics for 2 weeks and recheck the bloodwork simply in case she had some sort of an infection. 

tuxedo cat in tv cat scratcher


The observe up blood draw confirmed solely a really slight lower within the white blood cell depend, so the vet is anxious about lymphoma or presumably leukemia. (We may be IBD as properly.) We went forward with an ultrasound (which she needed to be sedated for as a result of she was very stressed.) The outcomes had been very regarding. Lexy has vital irritation within the intestinal tract, barely enlarged lymph nodes, cysts on her liver, and one thing going with the spleen. And naturally, we already knew her kidneys had been compromised. Lexy is now 15, and I did not wish to put her by way of the stress of an endoscopy and doable chemotherapy. (She’s additionally extraordinarily troublesome to tablet, so getting any chemo meds in her orally can be virtually unimaginable.) 

portrait of a tabby cat


This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks. If you buy an merchandise after clicking an affiliate hyperlink, we are going to earn a small fee to purchase the ladies some treats. You’ll not pay the next worth.

After an extended dialog with our vet, I made a decision to begin her on prednisone. Fortunately, she’s been taking this very simply. It is a small pill that I break in half, cowl with this capsule masker from Tomlyn, and provides it to her as a deal with. 



This capsule masker has been a life saver, and to date so good! She has solely been on the prednisone for a few weeks, and we return in about 4 weeks for a recheck. 

tabby cat in a cat tree


Our new vet is completely great! I discovered a feline solely apply run by a husband and spouse, who’re each improbable. Fingers and paws crossed we’ll be seeing them for some time. Now that Lola and Lexy are seniors, I like them to be adopted by a constant vet. 

As for me, I have been having fun with life within the suburbs on the Lengthy Island Sound. Each time doable I am going to one of many parks by the water and luxuriate in strolling round or simply sitting by sea.

beach scene

I’m actually blessed to stay close to a lot magnificence. It’s a huge distinction from NYC, that is for positive. I loved 24 years within the large metropolis, however I am very joyful to be again within the suburbs. 


beach scene


Final yr in the course of the transfer I injured my sacroiliac joint, which I am nonetheless fighting. I’ve good days and never so good days, and I have not been capable of return to massaging but. I’ll begin seeing a brand new physician, so hopefully I am going to have the ability to get again to regular quickly. 

beach scene

I do know I’ve stated this earlier than, however I am hoping to begin running a blog once more semi-regularly. Work has been horrific and leaves me little time for something. I miss interacting with all of our associates and protecting updated on what is going on on with all of you. I’ve an extended record of publish concepts, and I’ve a number of opinions and giveaways within the works. I have already got two of the merchandise, so I higher get to work on these! (If you have not entered to win a present pack from Catit, hop on over right here and test it out.) 


And since at this time is Selfie Sunday, listed below are two selfies of a few associates I made on my sojourns. 

canadian goose


ground hog hiding
You may’t see me, girl. I am camouflaged! 

Because of everybody who stayed by way of the tip of this publish. You may see us in your blogs quickly!  

Daybreak

We’re becoming a member of our associates at The Cat On My Head for his or her selfie Sunday weblog hop. Hop on over to see extra selfies! 



Need to be sure you do not miss one among our posts? Be a part of our mailing record to remain updated. Simply enter your identify and e-mail handle beneath.


#Selfie #Sunday #Replace

https://www.lolatherescuedcat.com/2023/06/selfie-sunday-and-update-62523.html

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post

#